Ladies be crazy....


I’ve had this thought for a long time, but I have been hesitant to write this blog because honestly I didn’t want people to think I am crazy (and I probably am).  Which is hilarious, because that is the exact topic I am writing about today.  If there is anything in the world I dislike about our current culture it is the use of the term “she’s crazy.”

Now, I am not saying that women don’t tend to react out of emotion and passion a majority of the time, and I can see how our “logical” male counterparts can tend to perceive this behavior as erratic.  However, one would venture to suggest that at times we perceive men’s calm, calculated behavior as cold and unfeeling.  So, maybe it is here where we reach the root of the root; men and women are just different. 

Shocking, I know it.  Someone should probably give me a prize for my groundbreaking observation.  Bare with me now.  I think it is important for me to make this point in order for me to make my ultimate point.  Which is, that it is frustrating to me that women have been made to feel ashamed by the fact that we are a human being that was created to have emotion.

I am not saying that there aren’t some crazy b%&@es running around (I would advise you as a man to maybe stay away from them).  I am also not saying that women should be allowed to act like complete lunatics all in the name of “this is the way God made me.”  We do need to try and maintain control of our emotions, ladies. What I am saying is that this whole “she’s cray cray, stay away from her” mentality that has sprung up in our generation may be more detrimental to the female psyche than we think. 

It is my observation (and opinion) that a majority of young ladies are afraid of their emotions and expressing them anymore.  Which to me seems like a serious situation.  I believe that God has created women to be sensitive and soft, capable of immense emotion and passion.  He created us to be nourishing counterparts to a man, and protectors of the hearts of children as mothers.  *Important note* —It is not the belief of this blogger, nor is it her intention to imply that God’s intention for women is to solely be wives and mothers, so just stop before you go there. —   Yes, with this we can also be over-thinkers, impulsive, and neurotic.  However, I think that the same traits tend to be displayed by the male gender as well…maybe just in different situations.  So, I think it is a shame that our culture, through the use of two little words, has created an environment where women feel like they have to bury their emotions for fear of being labeled a crazy. 

Another reason for my immense dislike of this term is because I believe it is an excuse used by men who behave poorly.  Yes, I said it, men tend to treat a woman poorly and then when she reacts with any type of emotion he can avoid any guilt by labeling her crazy. Rather than just saying, “I am sorry I promised you something I never intended to keep, because deep down I don’t really care about you very much” it is just simpler to stop speaking to the girl and throw up the crazy card. Which isn’t very manly, and is not living up to the qualities that God has intended for the male gender.  I don’t know….maybe I am crazy.

Lastly, I want to take a look at the word crazy:
  cra·zy- mentally deranged, especially as manifested in a wild or aggressive way.

mad, insane, out of one's mind, deranged, demented, not in one's right mind, crazed, lunatic, unhinged.
Is this really the language that we (men and women) want to use when referring to women?  I know I don’t want to be labeled crazy (I’m sure I have been).  Is it any wonder that the dating culture has appeared to deteriorate over the years?  It is my belief that the truly crazy women will take no real offense to being labeled crazy, and will end up trashing your car anyways.   Really it is the average girl who is taking this term to heart.  I believe there is a population of fantastic young women who have ended up guarded and controlled in their behavior and emotions, so as to not be forced into the pile of undesirable crazies.  Is that truly what we want?


Like I said, maybe I am crazy…


Comments

  1. Great post Jesse! I should have sent you a picture of one of our black recip cows. Her picture should be beside that definition of crazy. Always love your posts.
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo my lovely friend. Hitting the nail on the head, as per usual :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pack Toilet Paper

#31 All men should carry handkerchiefs.

Life is not a snapshot